Have your say on VOSA fees
VOSA has launched a consultation on proposals to change the fees for a range of services it carries out, including:
- Testing of heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) and public service vehicles (PSVs) – buses and coaches used for hire and reward
- HGV and PSV operator licensing
- Local bus service registration
- Reduced pollution certificates (RPC) and low emission certificates
- Tachograph calibrator approval
VOSA aims to create fairer fees and cover their costs. Things are unlikely to be cheaper following the consultation!
VOSA Chief Executive – Alastair Peoples
“After four years with no general fee increases, VOSA will continue to absorb most costs and keep general rises to a minimal one per cent. This is god news for our customers as the increase is far below inflation. I am also pleased to be able to propose a fairer allocation of costs between customers having their vehicles tested at ATFs and VOSA test stations. I am keen to hear the views from customers on our proposals.”
Have your say. The consultation, is open until 11 June 2013 and can be found here.
Posted on: 30.04.2013