Descartes shows how to supercharge supply chain operations at Multimodal 2018
Descartes will display its comprehensive range of on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions that drive supply chain operational efficiency and regulatory compliance at Multimodal 2018, which takes place at the Birmingham NEC on the 1st – 3rd May 2018. Visitors making a pit-stop at the Descartes stand 8040 will be able to get further information on how to supercharge their logistics operation and take a lap in a racing simulator to try to win a supercharged prize (to be revealed on the stand).
Being able to positively respond to regulatory change and successfully manage today’s industry challenges is paramount for successful commercial operations. Brexit is less than 12 months away and with the new HMRC Customs Declarations Service (CDS) being introduced in August 2018, organisations need to be on top of their logistics, handling and customs operations systems to be compliant and succeed.
In parallel, the race in eCommerce continues and has had a profound impact on the day-to-day running of fleets and warehouses. From a demand for unlimited capacity and tightened security procedures, to increased congestion, ever more stringent penalties for non-compliance, driver shortages and failed delivery slots, today’s supply chain operations demand intelligent, end-to-end technology solutions.
Multimodal transport operators visiting Multimodal will be able to view Descartes’ comprehensive solution suite including:
- Software-as-a-Service Tachograph analysis and reporting, enabling transport operators to leverage further performance gains through DVSA Earned Recognition and Drivers’ Hours compliance. Descartes’ Smartanalysis is now also available as Smartanalysis Pre-Pay, a new addition allowing customers to make a one-off payment online, for up to 50 drivers over a maximum period of 5 years.
- eCustoms solutions & Denied Party Screening, electronic document management and customs filing in accordance with HMRC CDS – including air, ocean, ground, customs, and commercial documents such as advance shipping notices, booking requests and confirmations, cargo status updates, tracking requests, freight invoices, bills of lading, originating and derived purchase orders, and invoices.
- Dock appointment scheduling
- End-to-end supply chain solutions for eCommerce & Pixi* Warehouse Management Software
- Route Planning & Optimisation solutions
- Mobile applications such as Proof of Delivery
Andrew Tavener, Head of Marketing, Descartes Systems UK comments: “The breadth of Descartes solutions and capabilities can help multimodal transport operations of all sizes meet today’s supply chain challenges and manage changes due to Brexit and CDS. To counter the burgeoning strains placed on the supply chain, transport operators and warehouse managers need to utilise intelligent technology to supercharge their processes. Descartes is already helping organisations internationally to alleviate these pressures through seamless customs operations, the optimisation of delivery routes and improved warehouse handling. Our solutions are not only driving compliance but also work to improve productivity and performance throughout the entire supply chain.”
If you’re attending Multimodal on the 1st – 3rd May 2018 visit Descartes on stand 8040.
Posted on: 20.04.2018
- Compliance (95)
- Delivery (4)
- Digital driver card (4)
- Driver CPC (9)
- Drivers' hours (49)
- Driving (17)
- Driving Licence (13)
- DVLA guidance (3)
- DVSA (31)
- Earned Recognition (5)
- Europe (8)
- Fuel duty (4)
- HGV (25)
- Road Safety (20)
- Smartanalysis (17)
- SmartLicence (6)
- Tachograph (10)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Vehicle safety checks (7)
- VOSA (5)