Terms & conditions
Terms & Conditions for Purchase of Goods
You are placing your order with Descartes Systems UK Limited of 9 Avon Reach, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1EE is a company registered in England under company number 02460698 and VAT Number (GB) 567960882.
1. These Conditions of Sale apply to the purchase of goods by all customers.
2. We do business only under these Conditions of Sale which are governed by English law.
3. Goods are subject to availability and may vary from those advertised.
4. You must decide before ordering if the goods are suitable for your needs.
5. Please note that we reserve the right to cancel or refuse orders for items shown on our website with an incorrect price or with any other incorrect information. No contract is made with you until we have dispatched your order.
Prices and Payment
6. Our advertised prices do not include VAT and delivery charges. The actual price of the goods may vary from the one advertised. Please check the price shown on your order before completing your order.
7. We accept payment by bank transfer, cheque, credit or debit card or cash. Credit card and debit card payments are taken at the point of customer order not on dispatch of goods.
8. Goods bought on credit must be paid for by 30 days from our invoice date. For goods bought on credit, we reserve the right to review your creditworthiness through available and reliable verification procedures or sources. We may share customer credit history information with relevant credit agencies.
9. We remain owners of the goods you purchase until you have paid for all of them in full. We can retrieve and resell them if they are not paid for. This applies to all goods we supply to you and to any money owing in respect of any transaction with you.
10. Under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002, we can exercise our statutory right to charge interest and an administration charge on all invoices overdue.
11. We charge for all deliveries. We operate a standard next day delivery service for in stock items. Standard delivery is to suitable ground floor reception or stores areas. Please notify us in advance if you have any special delivery requirements. There will be an additional charge for special delivery requirements.
12. If the goods do not arrive or are incomplete, are the wrong goods or are damaged when you open them, you must tell our Customer Services Department within 5 days of receipt or expected delivery – telephone +44 (0)1249 463355.
13. After delivery you are responsible for protecting the goods against loss or damage.
14. You cannot cancel an order once we have dispatched your order, unless this is agreed in writing by our authorised representative.
15. It is your responsibility to check the goods on delivery. All our goods are sold to you with the benefit of the manufacturer’s warranty. We will accept returns of faulty goods notified to us within 14 days of delivery.
16. If faulty goods are to be returned to us they must be returned in their original packaging together with all accessories and manuals, and a copy of the purchase invoice and full contact details.
17. If you change your mind we may take goods back at our discretion if they are unopened, unused and in perfect condition. There will be a handling charge of 15% of the purchase price (or £20 whichever is greater) plus VAT plus a collection charge of £6.95 for this service. Please contact our Customer Services department.
18. If you return goods please ensure that you have backed up your data. We will not be responsible for any data that is lost.
19. Please note we do not accept returns of special purchase items, consumables, opened software unless it is faulty or software licences.
Guarantee and Liability
20. You get the benefit of the manufacturer’s warranty, if any, in respect of the goods we sell. Please note that we do not provide any warranties ourselves in respect of the goods and we exclude any warranties express or implied by statute, common law or of any other kind.
21. We are resellers to business customers and as permitted under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 we exclude liability for claims regarding the quality or fitness for purpose of goods or otherwise which consumers can make under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. We are liable for death or personal injury caused by our negligence. We do not accept any liability for indirect or consequential losses or loss of profits.
22. We sometimes monitor or record telephone calls for training purposes.
23. VAT exempt orders cannot be placed over the website, and we cannot accept requests for VAT exemption after a web order has been placed.
24. These Terms and Conditions may be amended at our sole discretion from time to time, and such amendments shall be effective upon their posting on this page.