The European Working Time Directive came into force for HGV drivers on 23 March 2005.
- How working time regulations affect you as a driver under EU drivers’ hours rules.
- How working time regulations affect you as a driver under GB drivers’ hours rules or as an occasional worker.
The basic rights and protections provided for HGV drivers by this health and safety legislation include:
- a limit of an average of 48 hours work a week, up to maximum of 60 in any one week
- a limit of an average of 8 hours work in 24, but no more than 10
- a right for night workers to receive free health assessments
- a right to 11 hours rest a day
- a right to a day off each week
- a right to an in-work rest break if the working day is longer than six hours
- a right to four weeks paid leave per year
Smartanalysis will ensure you manage your drivers’ hours to comply with this legislation.