Tachograph analysis software is now widely available from a variety of suppliers, and the products are very similar in terms of features and price. So how do you choose the right supplier for your needs?
The key is to look beyond the core product offering and consider a number of other factors, such as:
Type & Scalability of System
Internet-based Software as a Service (SaaS) tachograph analysis solutions offer a number of advantages over in-house, installed software solutions, including:
- Lower cost : SaaS solutions typically have a lower upfront cost and ongoing subscription fee, which can be more affordable for businesses of all sizes.
- Scalability: SaaS solutions are easily scalable, so you can add or remove users and vehicles as needed.
- Accessibility: SaaS solutions can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, making them ideal for mobile workers.
- Automatic updates and backups : SaaS providers are responsible for managing updates and backups, so you don't have to worry about it.
In addition to the core features of tachograph analysis software, SaaS solutions should also offer tools and KPIs to help you manage drivers and minimise infringements. For example, SmartAlerts and KPIs for DVSA's Earned Recognition can help you ensure compliance with the latest regulations.
- What do you know about the supplier? Where do they originate from, are they transparent about their financial position and shareholders of the company? Do you have confidence that they’ll be around in 5 to 10 years’ time?
- Customer Support – how extensive is the support offered, with larger organisations support is considered more accessible around the clock.
It’s always best to know who your suppliers are and feel comfortable partnering with them for an extensive period… as we all know you’d always prefer to do this once and not have to switch again down the line.
Was the product developed by them in house? Working with the company that not only owns but creates and updates the software on a regular basis means support teams have direct access to developers and R&D teams to resolve any issues quickly.
Additionally, how does the rest of their portfolio look like? Do they have a suite of compliance management solutions? A supplier with a portfolio of compliance solutions for tachograph analysis, driver licence checks and driver vehicle safety checks can provide the full picture for your fleet, depot, vehicle or driver all in one place.
With more data hosted online than ever before, ensuring data security is of the upmost importance. Therefore, you should check if the supplier is ISO27001 accredited, is access to the compliance management modules controlled through unique user names and for larger organisations do they offer single sign on?
By considering the factors above, instead of picking between the smallest of margins between compliance management software solutions and saving a penny per tachograph record.
Descartes SmartCompliance prides itself on meeting these considerations to offer comprehensive, efficient and effective solutions. With in-house development and enhancement available to match with needs, and unrivalled supporting systems.
Find out how we can support your fleets compliance today – SmartCompliance