Are HGV drivers the worst offenders for not wearing a seatbelt?
Posted by AndrewT on 27th Mar 2018
According to the results of a recent police operation in Suffolk evidence suggests they are! Police in Suffolk issued over 200 Traffic Offence Reports (TORs) after targeting drivers of heavy goods vehicles in an operation which coincided with a week-long seatbelt enforcement campaign. The police were provided with a HGV cab from Orwell Trucks, which gave officers an ideal vantage point to look into cabs of other HGV drivers. During the operation the offences recorded included
- 181 for not wearing a seatbelt (the majority issued to HGV drivers)
- 24 for using a mobile phone
- 4 for driving not in proper control
- 3 careless driving offences
- 2 dangerous condition offences