Updated HGV and PSV inspection manuals were published by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) on 11 April 2022. The changes were made following feedback from stakeholders. What has changed?
- Definition of front steering axle added to the interpretation of terms section.
- Mandatory requirement to advise when an assessor is not able to see the age markings for twin wheel fitments has been removed.
- The anti-roll bar section has been merged with the general suspension section.
- Additional Braking Device deficiencies for wiring have been amended to remove duplication with Electrical Wiring and Equipment.
- Clarification notes added to the Direction Indicators section on combined side indicators and side marker lamps fitted to a vehicle or trailer.
- Section 72 has been updated to give guidance on secondary brake alterative split options.