Today, Descartes analyses over 1,300,000 tachograph records every month and many of the best-known road transport operators in the UK and Europe trust it to manage their compliance, so safeguarding their operator’s licence.
However, it all started in 1995 when Exentra Transport Solutions Ltd was founded. Working with fleets of all sizes over nearly 20 years has enabled us to develop tools and services that save road transport operators’ time and money and headaches in managing compliance with drivers’ hours and tachograph regulations.
Evolution of our products
In 2003 Exentra developed Smartanalysis, the internet based Software as a Service solution for capturing analogue and digital tachograph data, analysis, reporting and compliance management.
In 2010 Exentra introduced Soloplus, standalone software for downloading digital tachograph data specifically designed for operators with just a few vehicles working out of a single site.
In 2011, Exentra launched Smartdownload, automatic remote download of digital tachograph data for analysis and reporting using Smartanalysis and Smartdebrief, a driver debriefing module within Smartanalysis for managing infringements.
Exentra Transport Solutions Ltd was acquired by Descartes Systems Group Inc in November 2012 and became Descartes Systems UK Ltd.
The focus on Software as a Service applications to help road transport operators of all sizes manage their compliance with complex rules and regulations continues and in 2014 Descartes Systems UK Ltd launched SmartLicence, an online tool for verifying UK driving licences with the DVLA.
Our clients include fleets of all sizes and many industry leaders such as Turners (Soham) Ltd, NFT, Bibby Distribution and SIG.
It’s our job to make managing compliance easier, saving you time, money and headaches. Leaving you time to concentrate on running your business.
Our products and services include:
- SmartLicence – Online driving licence verification with DVLA
- Smartanalysis – tachograph analysis and compliance management software
- Soloplus – standalone digital tachograph download software
- Tachograph hardware – remote download devices, download devices, scanners, smartcard readers
- Tachograph consumables – analogue charts, envelopes and digital tachograph printer rolls
- Data communications – GPRS Data SIMs for remote download of tachograph data
Our successful client relationships are based on:
- A true understanding of the challenges our clients face
- Partnerships that drive product testing and development
- A simple approach to communications
We use only the best hardware, sourced from industry leading suppliers to deliver a complete end-to-end solution for managing your compliance.
Contact us to see how we can help you manage your compliance.
Descartes is the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, connecting the people and technology that move the world. Find out more at www.descartes.com