A Sittingbourne operator was called out as “an accident waiting to happen” and had their licence revoked by the South Eastern Traffic Commissioner, Sarah Bell. The failings were widespread and included:
- Running almost double the number of vehicles it was authorised to
- No VU tachograph downloads in 505 days
- 256 incidences of driving ‘off-card’
- No driving licence checks
- No systems to analyse drivers’ hours and working time directive compliance
- Out of date approach to maintenance standards
- SmartAnalysis, tachograph analysis and reporting for drivers' hours and WTD compliance - Sign-up for £40 per driver per year.
- SmartLicence, driving licence and driver CPC verification with the DVLA - Sign-up for £3.50 per check or £3 per check for existing SmartAnalysis users.
- SmartCheck, driver vehicle safety checks - Sign-up for £60 per vehicle per year.